79 total views, 2 views today
Vidmate is an application that allows the user to download videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Dailymotion and other online video hosting sites. It converts a video stream into a downloadable file format that is suitable for storing offline. It is best suited for the type of people who like to go through video streams on these sites and then want to save it for later purposes when they are going to be away from internet connectivity.
How to download and install the Vidmate app?
There are generally two ways for Vidmate download and installation. One is from the official site or other app-hosting sites.
Using the official site –
- Login to the site using the given link.
- You’ll find an option saying ‘Download Vidmate for Android’.
- Tap it, and the .apk file will start to download automatically.
- Once the download completes, open the download folder and then tap on the .apk file to install.
- If it requires permission, then go to settings and check the ‘Install from unknown sources’ option. Then retry.
- After the installation is complete, open the app and then allow required access.
Using third-party app hosting sites: –
- Login to any of the app hosting sites such as; apkpure.com, apkmirror.com and many more.
- Select the appropriate version from the list of versions available and download it.
- Once the download is complete, click on the file and install it.
- Check for required permissions again. And proceed.
- Once completed, open the app and allow required access.
Why isn’t Vidmate available on the Playstore?
The application is not present on the Playstore because of Google’s terms of policies. As the Vidmate features like downloading different videos from hosting sites like YouTube, it restricts the terms and policies of YouTube Inc. and YouTube being a property of the firm; Google won’t be allowing its presence on Play store. Though there may be app claiming to be Vidmate variants, there is no official Google Playstore release.
What platforms does Vidmate support?
Vidmate only supports the Android platform. There is no official Windows version for PCs. Though it can be used over Windows environment using virtual android platforms.
Vidmate does not support the IOS platformdue to the Apple Inc. private ownership and control over iOS apps. Whatsoever rumors there might be, there has been no official statement about any versions of Vidmate that supports iOS-based devices.
Is using Vidmate app for downloading video streams, legal?
If you are worried about the legality of the application, then don’t be as the application is legal to download in almost every country. All the processes that are being performed by the application are under certain legalities, and it doesn’t breach any legal issues. Therefore you need not worry about the legality of the application.
If you are looking to download and use Vidmate on your device, then it is quite sure that this guide would have helped you a lot and provided you with a clear picture about it.
Olivia Wilson is a digital nomad and founder of <a href=”https://www.todayspast.net”>Todays Past</a>. She travels the world while freelancing & blogging. She has over 5 years of experience in the field with multiple awards. She enjoys pie, as should all right-thinking people.